Salon Jean and Day Spa - Charged me for their mistake ...

Fairfax, Virginia 1 comment

Stopped by on a Wednesday afternoon to make a massage appointment for the weekend.In fact, still have the appointment card stating the date/time I was scheduled for.

A day later (Thursday) I get a call from the salon asking where I am and shortly figured out that the gal working the front desk just booked me for the wrong day. Normally not a big deal, just re-book right? Not here! They insisted that even though they made a scheduling mistake, I would have to pay a 50% "no show" fee.

During my attempts to protest, I was told, "this is a store policy and we cannot make exceptions," and, "I spoke with the manager and she was not willing to budge." I am working now with my bank to get the charges reversed, but what a hassle.

Never give your credit card in advance and just pay cash with this place.They seem more interested in the quick buck than building good relationships with their customers.

Review about: Massage Service.

Comments

#204472

I didn't have an experience quite this negative, but I have noticed that Salon Jean is used to catering to an affluent community in South Bethesda. The will often "accidentally" charge you for various things. I think they assume that it would be too embarrassing for some to point out the $10 and $20 mistakes, but I have put up a fuss more than once to have something refunded.